The State Data Centre project was mandated by the Government of India to provide the core infrastructure for the e-Governance initiatives of the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). The mission is to provide efficient electronic delivery of Government-to-Government (G2G), Government-to-citizen (G2C) and Government-to-business (G2B) services in each of the States and Union Territories by consolidating the services, applications and infrastructure on a single platform.
Kerala became the first State in the country to have a state-of-the-art Data Centre exclusively for e-Governance activities. It acts as a Central repository of the State. All the Government services are made interoperable and are rendered through this central platform seamlessly supported by core Connectivity Infrastructure such as Kerala State Wide Area Network (KSWAN) and Common Service Centers (CSC). Aggregation of all IT Infrastructure resources and Management resources into a single platform thus ensures faster delivery of services at reduced costs.
In Kerala, there are two State Data Centers, both monitored and managed by Kerala State IT Mission. The first data centre, SDC-1 was established in 2005 and the second one SDC-2 in 2012.
Key Features & Operations
- Both the State Data Centers are certified with ISO 20000 & ISMS 27001 : 2013.
- Both the State Data Centers are managed by a single operator.
- Both the State Data Centers are audited by a single Third Party Auditor.
- Third Party Auditors are monitored by Composite Team.
- Standardisation Testing and Quality Certification (STQC) is periodically auditing Third Party Auditors.
- Both the State Data Centers are classified under Tier II category.
- High Bandwidth with Load Balancers has been deployed in both the State Data Centers.
- Both the State Data Centers are deployed with latest Security Solutions with redundancy and Backup.
- State Data Centre Infrastructure Details
We have three types of Infrastructure and they are :
- IT Infrastructure
- Non IT Infrastructure
- Disaster Recovery Facility
- Services from Data Centre
Kerala State Data Centre offers five types of services :
- Co Hosting Services
- Co Location Services
- Virtual Infrastructure
- Virtual Private Network Service
- Cloud Infrastructure
1. Co Hosting Services : Kerala State Data Centre had implemented shared infrastructure and department can avail the facility in hosting the application / website.
2.Co Location Services : Kerala State Data Centre will provide Infrastructure facility like Power, Cooling, Internet, Security etc for hosting the Department owned servers in State Data Centre.
3.Virtual Infrastructure : Kerala State Data Centre will provide virtual servers for hosting the applications / website for various departments.
4.Virtual Private Network Service : Kerala State IT Mission provides Virtual Private Network as a Service for users for accessing applications from remote locations. Virtual Private Network is created by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, virtual tunnelling protocols, or traffic encryption.
5.Cloud Infrastructure : Kerala State IT Mission have Cloud ready platform for hosting various application.
Locations of Data Centre:
State Data Centre-1
Co-Bank Towers, PMG Junction, Thiruvananthapuram,
Tel: 0471-2728618, 2317618
State Data Centre-2
Thejaswini -1, Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram,
Tel: 0471-2700272, 2700720